Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To be a loyalist or not to be a loyalist

So lately I have been having a dilemma.  To start playing a loyalist space marine army or to continue to just stick with my chaos marines.  Some of the novels that I have been reading lately have me really interested in the loyalist marines.  It almost feels that chaos has just become one note.  Now I know that the point of chaos marines is that they are good at close combat, this is what they do.  And I also know that I can do plenty more with the current chaos codex if I just put my mind to it.  Something just has me wrapped up on space marines right now.  My brother in law, who plays Dark Angels, thinks that I just need to get some games in since I haven't played in a little while.  It doesn't help that I have been on the Lexicanum site looking at which chapter of loyalist marines that I would be interested in playing, and I think I have decided on the Iron Snakes chapter.  On August 20th we will be having our monthly games day meeting of the Berks Gaming Club and hopefully I can make it out and get some games in, and maybe even bring me back to the side of chaos, but for now I think that I need to play test some space marines and see how it goes.  Feel free to let me know about your thoughts on loyalist vs. chaos.

No comments: