Friday, August 5, 2011

The Hunt For Voldorius

Recently I have read The Hunt For Voldorius, a space marine battle novel written by Andy Hoare and published by The Black Library.

The book is based around Captain Kor'Sarro Kahn of the White Scars and his hunt for the Daemon Prince Voldorius.  The Captain has been searching for the Daemon leader of the Alpha Legion for almost a decade and finally tracks him to the world of Quintus.  There the White Scars come across their scorn brethren of the Raven Guard.  Both chapters quickly learn that they must put aside their differences and fight together if they are to succeed in the killing of Voldorius.

This book was a breath of fresh air from the Horus Heresy novels that I had been reading.  Andy Hoare did an amazing job of capturing the essence of the two chapters and the differences in their fighting styles.  I am usually immersed in all things Chaos, as I play Chaos Space Marines, but this book has really pushed my interest to the children of the Emperor that much further.  As you can probably tell I would say this book is a great read and I would recommend it to any 40k enthusiast.

Maybe, just maybe, I will field my own chapter of White scars someday.

Until next time, Cheers everyone.

No comments: